Boss told me I should work in fastfood or a paper pusher before firing me. How to get over it?Do bosses typically talk to employees this way?

I used to work as a bank teller upon graduation with my BBA in accounting. Too much competition made it difficult to get another job. I made too many mistakes and had a hard time talking to customers, so my boss fired me. Before doing so, he suggested that I work fast food. When I asked him if an office job would... show more I used to work as a bank teller upon graduation with my BBA in accounting. Too much competition made it difficult to get another job.

I made too many mistakes and had a hard time talking to customers, so my boss fired me. Before doing so, he suggested that I work fast food. When I asked him if an office job would be better a fit, he said "sure you can be a paper pusher."

I went back to college, and now I am doing a masters in Accounting and am about to have the credits to be CPA eligible.

Is this a common way to talk to employees before being fired? Thoughts?