Why do wealthy kids in High School have the right to become popular .Why are we Americans act so shallow ?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

because Americans love to worship people with more money and commodities that themselves.

• 5 months ago

I don't think you understand the concept of popularity. Anyone can become popular regardless of wealth. But it's more about who you are as a person and your reputation that makes you popular. Would you rather that your peers see you for who you are a person and your personality without your wealthy status and the fancy stuff? Because I guarantee you, that's the kind of person that almost everyone will socialize with. Or do you rather be well liked for the things you wear and the stuff you have instead of people seeing you who are as a person?

• Lili
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

They don't. And popular with whom?

In my experience, the only people "popular kids" are popular with are themselves. If other people ignored them, they wouldn't be perceived as "popular" at all. No one's "popular" if he or she belongs to a tiny group to which others cannot belong.

That's not popularity. Truly popular people are people whom everyone likes and socializes with.

• 5 months ago

Themost popular boy in my class when I was at school was from a very poor family. But he had a real talent for witty remarks that made us all howl with laughter. At break time HE was the one people crowded round, not the ones with rich parents. I don't think many of us even knew who was rich.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • donnie
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Because first off who is popular is really not a choice a individual makes. They can try and succeed in being popular. How much money someone has especially someone’s parents is almost completely out of their control.

• Cathy
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Because they are white

• 5 months ago

You are right. Why do many Americans look down on rich kids simply because they are rich? Could it be jealousy?

• donnie
      Lv 4
      5 months agoReport

It’s their parents who usually have the money not them.

• 5 months ago

It's not a right. But it is common to want friends who dress well, do well in school, have self-confidence, etc. Regardless whether their families are "wealthy" or not.

Have you been raised well by your parents? Do you have an outgoing, friendly personality? Respect self & others? You're more likely to be popular.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Any kid has the "right" to become popular, Andrew, but not everyone will. And economic status doesn't matter. Certainly, coming from a wealthy family does improve one's chances of becoming popular, but it's not the only thing that does this.

• 5 months ago

they have money so people will be friends with them to be able to use them for their money.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.