Why does passing traffic interfere with my digital tv reception?

I have a 6-bay dtv antenna, mounted 25ft high, pointing away from that street. Bypassing my preamp makes no difference. It seems almost every vehicle is problematic, especially when high school traffic sits in front, waiting for the traffic light. Is it passive (tv signals bouncing about) or it possible that I am at the effect of cell phones, gps or other auto-related rfi???

compact electronics are everywhere,emitting a hundred different,or the same RFs,hence,,interference and signal noise,jumpy pictures,buzzing,visit best buy,see about noise filters,one of them will likely clear up all that clutter.

I'm not completely sure, but when I was still able to receive a viable signal from a city approximately 40 miles away, it seemed interesting that sometimes an interruption would be followed by the sound of a plane or a helicopter outside.

I've read that the next generation of ATSC standards should be better, but I wonder whether we'll need converter boxes to be able to watch programming on today's HDTVs.

The antenna is a tower mount, ChannelMaster 60-mile uni-directional. Inside, I moved the in-line LTE filter from just before the preamp input right onto the input of the TV’s rf-input. This makes the best improvement, with only intermittent interference from the slow-moving street traffic, 40-feet away.

It could be from cell phones.

Some cell frequencies are close to some TV frequencies,

or close to their second or third harmonics.

That the antenna is pointed "away from" the street may or may not make any difference.

If it is pointed Exactly "away from", you could be picking up interference on the backside of the antenna.

Some such situations have remedies; others don't.

No one can do any good with it unless they know how

and can be there In Person to check everything.

• khalil

it seems you receive a weak signal .. cannot overcome noises...

use a horizontal metal net (3mmx3mm) under the antenna to block the annoying signals from the street .... it is from the cars that have a bad ignition

• P

Most modern preamps have an cell phone filter built in, but if you don't you would need to get one. Otherwise the problem is that your antenna isn't getting a good enough of a signal to overcome all interference. For example I'm only 22 miles out from the towers, but I needed a 100 mile directional antenna before I got an interference free signal 24/7 no matter the conditions. The 6 bay antennas are great for dealing with towers at different angles, but not the best at dealing with interference.

Hm who ever knows you know