Is it a coincidence that my friends who are successful with girls have happily married parents whereas I,who,come from a broken home ...?!?

So my parents divorced when I was 10..it was hard for me because whereas I saw my friends parents being all lovey dovey to each other, call each other "honey" and stuff my parents never did that. Sometimes I would spend a beautiful sunday with a friend of mine and his parents who would walk holding hands only to come back at home to see my mom and dad yelling at each other..growing up I never went to a real date,never had a gf..I noticed that many times the friends I had who had happily married parents were successful with girls whereas the ones who had broken families were more like me with girls..Now I'm 24. I don't have a gf,I can't talk to girl. Not that I'm super shy or something,it's more like they're never interested in me. Do you think what happened in my family may have something to do with my situation?

Favorite Answer

No.

Your parents and their problems have nothing to do with your own life and how you choose to live it.

Most people get divorced because of the following:

1) They don't RESPECT EACH OTHER and they don't treat their partners as they want to be treated.

2) They marry too soon and don't take time to know each other....at least one year and maybe more.

3) They go into "Role Playing" instead of seeking equality in the relationship.

4) They put other people and things before their marriage.

5) They don't truly support each other emotionally....they are not best friends above all.

You can learn from your parent's mistakes.

anything is possible

It is something in your mind . You think that it is your upbringing and you are setting up a wall. You are your own person and you don’t have to be like your mum or dad in a relationship. There are enough good examples in your life of your friends parents that you can concentrate on. Think about how they make their relationship work. You can see the genuine interest and love they show towards each other. Work on your own personality. Be a real and genuine friend. Respect women and treat them with dignity. Learn to look after yourself well. Kn9w how to clean and tidy up , wash your clothes and iron them, cook a meal. In this way you can bring something valuable to a relationship and family. Relationships are build on trust, care , friendship and love. You can bring these things into a relationship, I am sure. Think about what kind of a husband you want to be. Can you be a provider ? If you feel you can at the moment, work on it. Be serious in your planning, your work ethic and saving. Can you communicate well ? Learn to take an interest in other people. Their feelings and emotions, their hobbies and interests. Don’t think it will be too difficult. It is definitely possible to improve on yourself. Before you know it you will find someone who’s compatible with you and you will be able to bring something good to the relationship . Look around you are learn from others . You can be different from your parents because it is up to you.

personality,

experience,

physical and mental predisposition

those are 3 main pillars of appeal. Your family situation has contributed no doubt but it is not entirely responsible. see if you can befriend some of the more successful people and maybe you can observe their operation up close.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, troll but being successful with girls has nothing to do with your parents.