My son is very lazy?

So, I have a son (late elementary age) who seems to be very sluggish. He struggles in every subject in school and his work habits are poor (I have to tell him several times to do his homework before he actually does it). His performance is very sluggish and he takes too many breaks, plus he got all Cs on his final... show more So, I have a son (late elementary age) who seems to be very sluggish. He struggles in every subject in school and his work habits are poor (I have to tell him several times to do his homework before he actually does it). His performance is very sluggish and he takes too many breaks, plus he got all Cs on his final report card last year. He acts like he doesn t care about school at all (he says he does, but doesn t show it). At home, he spends a lot of his time on the computer. He also lacks hygiene and I often have to tell him to brush/floss his teeth, cut his nails, and wash more areas of his body when bathing. He often complains of back pain and wants to sit/lay down most of the time (probably because he doesn t exercise enough). He s told me ridiculous stuff like he wishes there were portable sinks that I could bring to his bed so that he could brush his teeth laying down instead of standing up. He will complain and argue with me whenever it s time for him to work (he s respectful and well behaved, but struggles big time when it comes to working/being active). He says he understands the importance of school and taking care of his body, but doesn t show it. Laziness is not acceptable to me and I believe he can do better than this.

What would you do if you had a child in this situation?
9 answers 9