is yahoo answers closing in october the 1st?

i just saw someone mention this in a question before, i hope it is not true, ive been here since 2006 and used to love the place and the helpful contributors, i know a lot has changed since the mid 2000's on this site, but i still think it has some helpful users and is a place for advice and support for many genuine people...i would be really sad to see yahoo answers close down as i know of nowhere else like this on the internet and i would be quite isolated if it were to close....as i use it a lot for communication and to get advice with important questions......i live alone and are fairly isolated.

so does anyone know what is happening?

They are putting zero money or time into it and selling lots of advertising on it so they won't bother to close it I don't think.

I hope not, I really love it here. Chances are good its just another rumor. Same one that pops up every year or so.

• mom

sounds like a rumor that someone is going around saying because I did not hear anything about it

No

• Daniel

There are No Plans on Yahoo Closing down People over the Last Several years have Started Rumors about lots of Different Dates of when it was Happening and all have Come and Gone and its still here

Unless you get a Official Statement from Yahoo it Self Ignore It

No,

I hope not. I enjoy this. Been here since 2007.😍😍😍

Somebody from Yahoo needs to see this question.

Well, the way things have been going you just never know.

• .

There have been many rumors of that over the years, but unless whomever you saw mention it also provided a credible source, I'd suggest taking it with a grain of salt. In spite of the rampant trolling and abuse here, Verizon Media is still (apparently) making enough money from ad revenue, to keep it going.

Most Likely Not.

Think about what Yahoo Answers does for the site. It gives free content to Yahoo that's low maintenance. To the right, there are tons of ads that Yahoo can use to generate revenue. The result is a self-sustaining site that just works. Yahoo is making money off of answers without having to do much work. Why would they shut down a turn-key operation?

Possibly . Verizon just sold Tumblr so maybe Yahoo Answers is next.