Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 5 months ago

Good and bad martial arts/fighting styles for REAL fights/self defense?

So there are numerous types of martial arts/fighting styles. Some may be better than others.

What are some that are GOOD for REAL LIFE fights/self-defense?

What are some that are BAD for REAL LIFE fights/self-defense?

I wanna know what to take and what not to take.

its hard to say. we know mma is the best for unarmed duels. self defense is more of an unknown. we dont have gladiator arenas like in ancient rome where we see who would win between different styles in different self defense scenarios. we do know that hand to hand combat is not hugely important when it comes to combat. most of the times in combat the person who sees the other person first shoots them dead and thats that.

• Bon

You take the one taught by the best teacher who teaches self-defense. A style tells you nothing. A style does nothing without a teacher. It is the teacher that matters. No style is "better" because not all teachers are created equal.

Show me one style you think is "better" that is taught by a crappy teacher that is still going to be better than other styles.

You want to be taught effective self-defense, then you find a teacher that teaches effective self-defense.

That depends on the instructor more then the style.

All styles have bad schools and good ones.

• Noah

MMA is good but Kravmaga is all about street defense (lots of groin strikes, eye gouging and weapon defenses)!

The bad ones are the mysticism of asia ones because even in china they're fake!

My neighbor was an International martial arts champion. He defeated mostly every champ out there. He learned Kung Fu. He could easily kill someone with his bare hands. Myself I took Tae Kwon Do and loved it. "Be your personal best"

Bad: breakdance fighting.

Good: Kung fu fighting.