I’m 18, and I didn’t tell my parents that I was going to spend the night somewhere else. Now they know, what should I do?

I leave for college next Sunday. I’m going out of state, and I’ll have more own dorm. I say this because I’m only staying home temporarily. I didn’t tell my parents that I’m going to sleep over at my friend’s house because I didn’t want them to ask me a whole bunch of questions just to say no. I’m an adult now, and... show more I leave for college next Sunday. I’m going out of state, and I’ll have more own dorm. I say this because I’m only staying home temporarily. I didn’t tell my parents that I’m going to sleep over at my friend’s house because I didn’t want them to ask me a whole bunch of questions just to say no. I’m an adult now, and I do respect my parents. I’ve never spent the night at a friend’s house when I was a teen. Always had good grades, and for the most part, behaved good. I’m dreading going home because I know I’m in trouble, but I don’t think I should be. Yeah, I didn’t tell them where I was at, buy I apologized for it. I’m 18, I should be able to do what I please, reasonably.