Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 3 months ago

Why is this girl on fb started ignoring my messages?

Theres this girl on fb I kinda know but not entirely that I use to have a crush on. She has a bf now, and they been dating for 7 years now. We caught up on things in late may. She use to reply to me until she stopped replying to me in June. I then sent her a message a week later asking "Hey how you been miss?" Nothing. Then sent her another in july saying, "long time no talk miss." Nothing again. I don't know why she's suddenly giving me the cold shoulder now. I send her another one today asking her "Hey, so are we good?" She hasn't replied yet. But she was talking to me in may catching up and whatnot but now is ignoring me. And she has seen my messages. I did admit I had a crush on her but I did mention I used to. Not anymore. I just don't get girls. What could i be doing wrong? We weren't talking about nothing sexual and I wasn't hitting on her. But I just enjoy talking to her and now she is ignoring me.

Sometimes when people get into relationships they agree on some pretty austere "rules" that then see them isolating themselves from opposite gender friends.

• Edna

Why do you CARE if this girl doesn't respond to your messages in FB? You haven't been in a relationship with her for SEVEN years! She responded to a couple of your messages, and now she probably feels there's nothing more to say to say to you.

Don't insist, she's not interested.

• Alan H

She is in a relationship, and does not want to risk spoiling it

Maybe you became a pest? I reconnected with someone on facebook who i knew over forty years ago and all he seems to do with his day is message me. I don't mind a casual message once in a while, but i have a life and i dont sit on facebook all day or message and text continually.

A few texts once in a while go a long way. Honestly, i think this guy is trying to drive me nuts.

You don't seem to understand that she is in a relationship. You don't seem to understand that there is boundaries. Women don't talk to their male friends after she is in a committed relationship. So, she will continue to ignore your obsessive messages. Yes, you are being extremely fixated and obsessive. You might want to look into how to change your ways of relating to people, this may be why you don't get any girls. Is this a person you actually know from somewhere or someone you met on Facebook? Let me tell you something, meeting people online instead of in person is not reality. You need to work on yourself, your self-esteem and ways that you are obsessive because you won't attract anyone unless that's taken care of. Girls can sense desperation and neediness a mile away, and nothing is more pathetic or unattractive than that.

It could be lots of reasons. Is she still a FB friend? I ask because when defriended you often can continue to contact via IM but FB doesn't notify the user, so she could just not be getting your messages. It could be just because she suspended her account, or maybe created a new account and has forgotten about her old one you are using.

• Teal

You told her you have a crush on her. It isn't appropriate for her to stay in contact with someone who has feelings for her while she is in a relationship. You clearly don't just want to be her friend either or you wouldn't care that she stopped talking to you. Leave her alone and move on, you are just embarrassing yourself at this point and she is going to end up blocking you.

She has a boyfriend and has no real interest in you anymore. You need to drop the idea that your crush on her translates to any interest in you from her. It doesn't.

• ?

The only one who knows for sure is her.