Is this common theme in my writing an indication of a problem in my life?

Ever since I was 13, I've been writing stories. One common theme I've noticed is that the main character, who I often base off of myself, is treated like a child or someone is trying to "shelter" her from the world, usually because she has something that benefits them, as well as being told... show more Ever since I was 13, I've been writing stories. One common theme I've noticed is that the main character, who I often base off of myself, is treated like a child or someone is trying to "shelter" her from the world, usually because she has something that benefits them, as well as being told she's too fragile/sweet/vulnerable and she needs to be protected by them. It might be just a coincidence if it only showed up a few times, but it's popped up relatively frequently.
If it helps to give some real life context, I'm autistic and I've gone through various therapies, social skills classes, etc,. I was put under extended guardianship for 2 years. My hypothesis is that I feel trapped and that people are trying to sort of "control" me. Is there a possibility this could be something worth looking into? If so, how do I go about this?