Why do people say you're feminine if you cook for yourself as a man?

I mean, I live alone at 27. I cannot cook a wide variety of things but I survive and It helps cut down my expenses so that I don't have to be buying lunch everyday. Buying lunch is expensive where I'm from. I cook once a week and put the food in bowls and freeze them. My coworkers are like, "You need... show more I mean, I live alone at 27. I cannot cook a wide variety of things but I survive and It helps cut down my expenses so that I don't have to be buying lunch everyday. Buying lunch is expensive where I'm from. I cook once a week and put the food in bowls and freeze them. My coworkers are like, "You need to find a wife, you'll get some nice food cooked for you." To be honest, I'm not worried about food. I can survive.

If I'm dating someone and they realize that I cook, they will always at some point in time ask me something like, "So you cooked lunch for me today?" Or something like that. It's as if you're not a full man if you are cooking food. And while I would never be in a serious relationship with a woman who can't cook, that is not a prime reason for me getting in a serious relationship. My prime reason for being in a serious relationship is because I can vibe with the person and also they add some form of value to my life rather than take away from it. So is there something wrong with the way I do things?