Edwena
Lv 7
Edwena asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 5 months ago

Do you think the CIA blew up the Russian test missile in Russia? Would that make Iran worry?

Do you think that the USA has reverted back to the old policy of subverting the development Russian weapons? Remember the old Clint Eastwood movie Firefox where he steals a hot Russian airplane. So do you think the USA has someone making mistakes on the design to blow the thing up or are the Russians doing that by themselves? Evidently this was some sort of a nuclear fueled engine. LIke it scooped up air, got it very hot and then exhausted it out the back end as propulsion. With a nuclear reactor, it would fly for years. Of course the reactor has to be very light weight which means no shielding, but if anyone shot it down, they would get dosed with radioactivity. So, it doesn't need any shielding. The Russians are good at figuring out all of the options. So what do you think. Another Russian blunder or another Clint Eastwood movie? And if it is a movie, should the plot be moved from Russia to Iran?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Considering the Russians have had a number of nuclear accidents before this, I would attribute it to their fault than to go inventing gremlins from the CIA.

• 5 months ago

Like you say this missile, reportedly, utilises the hot exhaust gas that is generated by radioactive decay as a means to propel it without the need to burn conventional fuel making it a kind of Ram Jet, therefore this kind of technology is extremely difficult to apply to maned or conventional aircraft due to the need for heavy shielding to protect the crew from the radiation, but this wasn't a aircraft it was as far as I know a cruise missile, one that almost certainly doesn't need a crew to be on board, meaning it could have been under some kind of remote control similar to how US drones are flown or it could have been on a pre-programmed flight path.

So, do I think the CIA was involved in it exploding, no, as there could be multiple reasons as to why this test missile failed, something as simple as a faulty connection to something major such as a radiation leak frying delicate electrical components.

And as for your plot idea/theory, as far as I know, its already been done, but not by America.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

i would hope not, i hate bombs

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Nope, Russia did it ALL BY themselves, without any help from anybody ......................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Robert
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Sure. We knew about the test and sent Clint Eastwood there to blow up that fusion engine. Clint had to go because John Steed from England was not available to blow it up.

• Edwena
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I think Eastwood could come in by a stealth boat from Denmark. It blew up near the Baltic.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.