Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 6 months ago

Should UK consumers start stockpiling food?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not a bad idea, though you don't need to go full prepper and prepare for a decade in a bunker or on a hill in Wales. Just think about what the shops are like after a snow fall. I live in a large city and yet every winter there are disruptions to food supplies for a few days at a time and people go a bit mental. Even if you imagine the best case scenario any change will involve a ballsup and there will be profiteering because there always is. It would be wise to treat it like you should prepare for winter by making sure that you can manage at least a few weeks of disruption. Honestly, I don't understand people who don't keep "emergency rations" just in case of the unexpected. There have been so many times I've been glad to have that extra buffer to hand.

• Katie
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

No one was mentioned the predicted shortage of fuel - it will be difficult for those living in rural areas to get to the shops. When the fuel protests were happening in the early 2000's, garages were told that when their tasks got down to a certain level ONLY emergency vehicle's and doctor's cars were to be served.

• 6 months ago

Only if you are a total idiot.

• 6 months ago

That's rich, many people in the UK can't afford to eat properly as it is and your asking should UK consumers start stockpiling food.

Your question just goes to show what kind of people you remainers really are.

FFS.

• 6 months agoReport

Unfortunate if you can’t afford to stockpile. Let’s hope that Boris gets a super deal so no stockpiling is required.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Prince
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

UK consumers should start making fresh meat pies after Sweeney Todd's recipe because there are too many damned Jihadi Johnnies running around as it is.

• 6 months ago

only if they are stupid

• 6 months agoReport

We’ll see in a couple of months

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes, stock up on microwave dinners especially in the Peterborough area where Brexit will hit hardest and mental health facilities in the area will be neglected as a result

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No it's just scaremongering by the Remainers saying we will run out of food. There may be delays on certain fresh food items that come from the EU, but I think we can live without tomatoes and lettuce etc.

• Omega
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Some of the larger firms are stockpiling food.

• 6 months ago

No. This kind of alarmist reaction only makes things worse. It was panic that caused many people to vote Leave the EU. Don't let panic cause shortages, which can so easily happen if people start panic buying. Years ago we didn't expect to eat food out of season. If that happens again we will survive. Actually as the EU producers need to sell to the UK market, all that probably will happen is we get tariffs slapped on imported produce = they may cost more.

More worrying for me is the scarcity of MEDICATION, if that happens. But again, it won't because those we buy from, want to continue to be able to sell to us. Again with the tariff situation which could mean the NHS is more strapped for cash.

• Biff
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

The scarcity of medication is even more of a worry when there are already supply problems with some drugs.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.