Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 6 months ago

Jury Duty Question?

If you are summons to appear on a particular day for jury duty, are you automatically on the jury or do they still have to always go through the process of picking a jury?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You are not automatically on a jury. If they are picking a jury that day, then either you go through the process or they send you home. Sometimes, they summon more than they need, or they end up not picking any juries that day, so you get sent home without going through the process. But if they are going to put you on a jury, then you have to go through the process. You never get put on a jury without going through the process.

• 6 months ago

No, unfortunately you are not automatically on a jury if you are summoned for jury duty on a particular day.

It just means you have to be at the courthouse on that day.

• 6 months ago

They always go though the pick. If they even need a jury that day.

• ricky
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

More people end up doing nothing. Once I went thru the process in the Cullen Davis trial. Then they moved the venue. Once I was selected, in court 4 days, and they settled out of court. I hope you take this task in a good way. They say this, and they did this, for one situation, you will be THEY.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

They go through a process of picking a jury. It is a long, boring, painful process.

• 6 months ago

When called for jury duty, expect to be there at least 1/2 day. The process of picking a jury is done every, single time a jury is needed.

• 6 months ago

You may or may not go through the process at the courthouse. They will call a few random groups and then dismiss the rest or tell you to come back in the afternoon.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.