what would you do if your fiancé announced that he is about to become a grandpa? Would this be a deal breaker?

If He had not told me previously that he was a father, then yes, this would be a big deal.

If I already knew that he had adult children, then him being a grandfather Is out of his control and therefore I don’t see a reason why I would be angry at him or call of the engagement.

If the issue is that his child who is now expecting a child is a minor, then it’s up to you whether or not to marry someone whose minor child has found themselves to be pregnant/impregnated someone.

Ha, absolutely not.

If I was engaged to be married to a man, I would think that I would know him well enough to know he has children. In which case, a pregnancy would be no big surprise or shock. And, it is a known fact that when one of your children has a baby, you become a grandparent. No shock there either.

Now, how that could be a deal breaker is beyond me. What is the problem here, I do not know. Or, maybe he decided to leave his estate to his grandchildren and not his wife, perhaps? I just cannot figure out why it would be a deal breaker if your fiancé's child decided to have a child. How on earth does that effect your daily married life? Do tell, please, do tell.

• Ocimom

It would if he never told you he had a child that was that old to become a parent him or herself. But I'm sure you knew he had kids and you knew their ages, so its not a big surprise, is it????

If I knew him well enough to be engaged to him I'd already know he has a child in the childbearing age range and this wouldn't come as some shock to me.

I don't know how you can think of that being a deal breaker he's not having a child outside the marriage he's having a grandchild and you should celebrate. Marriage is all about Love and family you're combining your families to one big happy family even the wedding is a family event with the grandparents, children, and grandchildren. Congratulations and best wishes have fun.

• Kelly

Nah, I like kids and babies.

He didn't have any kids when we met and our oldest biological child is 8 so if he's about to be a grandpa everyone in that situation would be a surprise.

• GEEGEE

Assuming you knew he had a child to produce that grandchild, no. If the announcement of his having children is new news, then yes, that would be a deal breaker.

...why would it be a deal breaker?

Presumably you knew of their offspring. Any grandchildren are not his 'fault' nor should they be an issue.

• Nancy

Why would it be? He's already been my boyfriend long enough for me to get engaged to him, so whether his age were 35, 55, or 75, it's not been an issue thus far, and aside from maybe age, I don't see any other possible reasoning going through your mind for why you would even consider it might be a "deal breaker."

No. I love me some silver daddy.