Is joining the NG or reserves worth it for me?

I joined active airforce as a Fireman at 18 and got out at 20 with a general discharge for underage drinking. Now I m 28, i work as a FF/paramedic and make good money, have a wife and 3kids and am taking pre med classes with my GI bill. The general discharge has not affected me at all professionally. It has... show more I joined active airforce as a Fireman at 18 and got out at 20 with a general discharge for underage drinking. Now I m 28, i work as a FF/paramedic and make good money, have a wife and 3kids and am taking pre med classes with my GI bill. The general discharge has not affected me at all professionally. It has affected my mind in that it is a splinter or blemish that will never go away. I talked to an army recruiter who stated I could join the NG or reserves and come out with a fully honorable discharge. or should I just try and move on ?
Note I would probably have to do basic again and go to tech school again. Also i doubt I can upgrade my discharge.