Should bus drivers step in, in situations of bullying on the school bus?

I remember at one point in 5th grade there was a girl on my school bus who used to bully me frequently and she even did it at school too. For example there was an incident where she told the other kids on the bus that I'm a lesbian and that I kissed another girl in the bathroom and there were even occasions... show more I remember at one point in 5th grade there was a girl on my school bus who used to bully me frequently and she even did it at school too. For example there was an incident where she told the other kids on the bus that I'm a lesbian and that I kissed another girl in the bathroom and there were even occasions where she asked me " how come you never kill yourself". However the bus driver rarely ever intervened except for when she kept saying " cry baby tootsie" over and over again but I think this was only because it got on her nerves. So should bus drivers intervene in these situations? Also I'm only asking for educational reasons.