Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 months ago

ive been out of the army since 2003. I cant get DD214 no matter how hard I try. National archives keeps saying it cant be located????

Did YOU do like they tell you and take it down to your local county recorders office and get it recorded? If you did, you can go down there and get a certified copy of it. If you did not do that and lost the one you had and they can not find a record of it then you are pretty much screwed.

Did you keep any kind of "i love me" book? Thats what i did. "We were instructed to register the DD214 with our County Recorder upon separation,"

It might be easier if you join the reserves.

• ?

Which component where you in, active, Army Reserve or Army National Guard? How long did you serve?

• Ron

Head to your local VA medical center. As for a HINQ (hospital inquiry). If you are in the system you will get one. Make copies, send a written inquiry to the archives with the HINQ

We were instructed to register the DD214 with our County Recorder upon separation, did you do that? If so, a simple trip to the Recorder's office will produce your DD214. If not, try your local American Legion Hall or the V.A.

• Kristine7 months agoReport

I never got one.