Do you think that a Christian who turns from the faith was never a true Christian to begin with?

I can't tell you how many Christians told me that I was never a real Christian to begin with because I stopped believing even though these people had absolutely no idea whatsoever as to how I lived my life as a Christian. I felt a true Christian had a personal relationship with Christ in which I thought I had. I had faith, prayed, fasted, went to church, repented of my sins, read the Bible, and tried to be a good person though I had gotten to the point where I became honest enough with myself to admit that I never had a single good reason to believe to begin with.

According to the Christian perspective what a person believes moments before their deaths is what really matters. For example, a man like Hitler could repent on his deathbed and escape the torments of hell and the most righteous man to ever live could reject Christ on his deathbed and burn for all eternity with no chance of redemption.

In all honesty, deserting this religion was amongst the best decisions I have ever made in my life.

• J H

Réal Christianity is a rare event. There are two ways to go.

1.The path you were on is called the wide path and most

of the churches subscribe to this method. You are mostly

leaving the church group behind which you never got to

know.

2.This is the True path which is called the narrow path

with very few people on it.You only meet your family on

the sea of glass.You need to be called by the Almighty

and have your name written in the book of Life of the

Lamb.

Hope this helps!

• Al

You can't UN-create what God made, Christianity is nothing more than a symbol which is a form of idolatry, it is the result of a split mind, people forget their minds are at enmity with God, every Christians believes it is their faith that makes them a Christian, but Ephesians 2:8-9 says faith is a gift of God, not of your own.

You can't be a Christian today and lost tomorrow. We receive Salvation when the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sins and need of a Savior who is Jesus Christ. When we recognize the Holy Spirit convicting us then we can choose to give up our sinful desires (Repent) and through Faith Trust or Commit our lives to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The only works involved in our Salvation is what Jesus Christ did on the cross. Your last statement shows that you never had a true Salvation experience but maybe it's not too late. Only you can decide that. It's called surrendering your will to God's will.

That idea contradicts the Prodigal Son of Luke 15. The son was in covenant relationship before he left and was reconciled when he returned.

Whether or not you were a 'true Christian' is between you and God. But there is little doubt that YOU went out of your way to no longer be one. And that's on YOU.

• Paul

Sadly, many people think they are Christian because they know "about" Jesus Christ and His teachings, but have never actually met Him, developed a relationship with Him, or lived in daily communication with Him.

Now that is a question that has been wrestled with since the Romans first started persecuting Christians!

I would say 'yes', such a person was really a true Christian. It's like being married (another great and often used analogy for spiritual life). If someone goes through all of the requirements for marriage (forms, blood tests, ceremonies, witnesses, rites, thresholds, sexual union, etc), and LATER claims that they 'just don't feel like this union is real', that doesn't mean their original marriage was null and void. Nullification of a marriage isn't granted like divorces in the USA, there is an investigative process that must be fulfilled.

The same can be said of someone's spiritual life. Examine it carefully before you ever declare the former things 'null and void'.

It is POSSIBLE to abandon your faith

it is much more likely that someone was playing at being a Christian but never really crossed the line and simply gave up

I think that's a load of ѕhit Christians sell themselves to feel superior.

No i consider them a wise person