Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

How do I overcome hatred for someone?

I'm 14 and hate being called skinny. I hate it when people shame me for it. This kid called me weak and now I'm having weird fantasies about brutally murdering him. I'm worried and want to none violently overcome this hatred.

• Rich

Hatred is a spirit. If you keep saying you hate someone or something you are inviting that spirit into your life, and then you will feel that hatred all the time. This escalates more and more until people do become violent.

The best way to stop the hatred is to follow and obey Jesus. He said love God with all your heart and love your neighbor. He ven said to love your enemies (that is sometimes hard to do).

But just repent of your sins including your hatred, and ask HIM to set you free from it. Ask HIM to replace that spirit of hatred with HIS love. He is real. I am speaking from experience.

How to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord?

It is the easiest thing in the world. Just close your eyes, focus on him and pray something like this:

"Lord Jesus, I repent of all my sins and for my hatred, and I ask you to wash me clean. I am sorry for all the bad things I have done and the many times I broke God's Will. Please forgive me and fill me with the gift of the Holy Spirit. I want to belong to God. I want to be adopted into his family as his child. Come into my heart. I give you control over my life. Please lead me through the Holy Spirit and make your Word real to me. Fill my soul with the peace that surpasses understanding and help me change so that I may lead a life that is pleasing to you. I want to go to heaven and I want to be called by the Fathers name. As of today I declare that I belong to you". Amen

..............................

I find venting and allowing myself to blow off steam and get angry helps.

When I was 14 I was teased and shamed to be skinny by my classmates. When I was 16 , a girl bullied me for the same reason. As a result, depression took a toll on me and I became fat through emotional eating and bullying kinda stopped. I guess put on some weight so that you can show them .

Girl im fat you're lucky to be skinny cus being fat is actually bad skinny is healthy

if your heart is filled with hatred ,you will not live happily ,I think that you have to learn to forgive others ,and have big heart ,keep your mind off those people that annoy you ,should keep thinking about those positive things ,

No one should have the right to judge you over how you look because it’s none of their concern. Better pardon and forgive

Hello! I'm not sure whether or not you get bullied a lot over this or if it's just this one kid, but I'm 15 and I too have struggled a lot with being bullied when I was younger. You can try and report it to your school (if the kid is even from school that is. And sadly the school probably won't do anything because most schools don't care as much as they say they do about kids being bullied, but it's worth a shot!) or talk to a trusted adult about the issue. I understand it gets extremely frustrating when other kids act this way towards you, especially towards something about your appearance, but the best thing for you to do is try and keep your distance from him and put you and your mental health first. Don't do anything harsh like hurting him or yourself or anyone else, if you even have a urge to do those things I strongly suggest talking to a trusted adult please! If it's just a "fantasy" to murder him I completely understand lol but if you actually have an urge to "kill" him I should talk to someone. Having an urge to hurt him is different since it's just a way to let anger out, but like I said, I highly encourage not doing that since you'd just be the one getting into trouble. I've been in your shoes and the bullying lead to a lot of mental issues for me, so I'd hate to see you or anyone else in that same boat, so please just talk to a trusted adult!! Him acting that way is not okay in the slightest and needs to be discussed with someone. From what I know, there really is no way to overcome hatred, it will just pass over time and the more you're away from him. Once again, talk to a trusted adult about the issue or tell his paretns about his behavior. Please stay safe :)

when i wake up the first thing i do is detach from other people. i imagine their emotions and opinions as tiny pebbles. they hit the glass around me and bounce off. i take in the good and let the negative go. you are the boss of you. all bodies are good. god bless.

It's so much healthier to be skinny than the other way. Also see if you can carry a taser to school. One jolt of that and they'll never make fun of you again.