Why are Christians so against abortion?

Considering the fact that your God ordered pregnant women and babies to be slaughtered in the OT you'd think Christians wouldn't be so opposed to abortion. God also commanded his followers to kill disobedient kids, non believers, those who worked on the Sabbath, fortunetellers, adulterers, fornicators, women who weren't virgins on their wedding nights, homosexuals, etc. Dont tell me I am taking this out of context either for I cannot conceive of a context in which these things would be acceptable.

It is murder. The Bible says thou shall not kill. God is the giver of life. We do not have the right to take a life...born or unborn.

• nappa

It's murder,that is against God's will, One day they will be judged for what they did,, that could have been you

• Paul

Yes, many ungodly beliefs, laws and practices did exist in Old Testament time, supposedly in the name of God. But when God Himself came to Earth in the form of Jesus Christ, He condemned such practices. Christians follow Jesus Christ, which is why they condemn the brutal slaughter of innocent children.

Hatred of women is a foundation of Christianity. Women are nothing more than vessels to carry men's children to them. Admitting that women deserve bodily autonomy would make them equal to men, which is unacceptable.

BECAUSE MORON IT IS MURDER YOU STUPID FOOL

That was the exception, not the rule, Einstein. Think again, if you are able.

Harsh people, harsh Law. Gentle people, gentle Gospel. Take your pick.

They call themselves pro-life, but ask them if they will set up foster care and so forth for those kids who are born, and they just look at you blankly.

Not sure how you use context of a myth ? Or why people always go all Abortion by definition

means ONLY the unwanted child type and not medical class abortion .

Sure the myth is horrible but believers see context of the almighty logic within said myth .

A sensible question about abortion would be chosen or none chosen vs. adoption .

Who can answer about abortion if Horus was invoked .

I think we all know Zeus aborted 51/50 % of all human births before his human whore gave birth .

Hercules was lucky but Zeus was all knowing and only aborted the lousy fetus's .

Did I make myself clear >? about myths

• I see....and you think you are equal to God

and what brain tumor are you suffering from that gave you that Idea

Who would of known, maybe that baby that was aborted could of had the cure of cancer.

OT is something that we don't go by.

We live in the NT For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believed in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Which means that Jesus is the new convent. and that we don't have to slaughter sheep for forgiveness.

Christians are against abortions same reason why we are against murdering