Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 months ago

Should I take favours from a married man?

I am unemployed and I have been attending yoga classes. My yoga teacher is a married man in his 30s and I am a single woman in my 20s. He knows that I am unemployed and that I am struggling to find a job. So he suggested me a friend of his who can offer me a job. Should I take it? Should a married man be doing this in the first place?

Favorite Answer

Whether he's married or not the only thing potentially sketchy about is that your Yoga Instructor would know anything about your employment status at all unless it just happen to come-up as a reason you may not be able to pay for or attend the sessions any more.

It's just a Job referral, take it or leave it.

It sounds to me like he sees someone struggling and simply wants to help you out, nothing more. As long as the job is honest and not illegal, I'd say go for it. From an outsider's perspective, it sounds like he is only trying to help you out, nothing more.

Ok yip yip yip Yip yip

It sounds like he's trying to help you. What does being married have to do with that? Are you that dense?

There's nothing wrong with accepting this sort of favor. If he said that he could get a job for you if you'd give him some pleasures it could be wrong although you're not making it sound as if this is the case. Accept his help.

He's suggesting a job opportunity - not giving you cash.

Don't assume all men are predatory.

• Ocimom

That is not a favor at all. He just told you he knows someone that may have a job for you. Take the information and give the person a call and see where it goes for a job.

• edward

Sure. If he was giving you money that is something different

Well, did he ask to move in with you, as payment? No? then it is ok.

Is it ok to network through people you are acquainted with to find a job? Yes. What does their marital status have to do with anything? This is a job, not a b l o w job.