Dont you think it's funny how Christians confuse spiritual discernment with fallacious reasoning?

I will talk to Christians about the 800+ contradictions, inconsistencies, and errors in the Bible and they always strike back with the bogus "you're taking it out of context" defense and claim they have been granted spiritual discernment by the holy ghost so that they can comprehend the scriptures. Fact of the matter is is that they use every single logical fallacy you could comprehend to explain away the bs in the Bible while claiming it is spiritual discernment.

I was a Christian for 20 years and yes, I was a real Christian so dont you dare tell me that I was never a true Christian to begin with for you know nothing about me. Regardless of how much I prayed for the holy ghost I found the answers the apologists give to the questions concerning serious contradictions in the Bible to be ridiculous, dishonest, and highly deceptive.

YES!

JESUS told us what it takes to be a Christian and without what HE SAID you are living in a dream world deceiving yourself with "fallacious reasoning."

HERE is how you can IDENTIFY A TRUE CHRISTIAN according to what JESUS SAID!

JESUS SAID

"Holy Spirit baptism SAVES" in Mark 16:16-18 because no POWERFUL "Signs follow" (Mark 16:17-18) a WATER baptism.

JESUS PROMISED

"Spiritual gifts" (I Corinthians 12:7-10) are received when you are Holy Spirit baptized (I Corinthians 12:13) who "SAVES" (Mark 16:16)!

JESUS PROMISED

"POWER" (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) who "SAVES" (Mark 16:16)!

How can believe they're SAVED but have NONE of HIS PROMISES?

YOU KNOW

YOU'RE ((( NOT ))) "SAVED" NEITHER OR YOU A TRUE CHRISTIANS AND YOU CALL GOD "A LIAR" (NUMBERS 23:19) BY SAYING YOU ARE WHICH IS "BLASPHEMY" (MATTHEW 12:31-32)!

YOU'RE JUST FULL OF "FALLACIOUS REASOING" WITHOUT THE PROMISES OF GOD!

NO ONE has the "Spiritual gift" of "discerning of spirits" (I Corinthians 12:1) which is only received AFTER Holy Spirit baptism (I Corinthians 12:13)! Afterwards you can "discern good and evil" (Hebrews 5:14) of the LIES ENTWINED into your "infallible Word of God."

"DAMNED" (Mark 16:16) "LIARS" (I John 2:3-5)!

"HYPOCRITES" (MATTHEW CHAPTER 23)!

• Paul

Sorry to tell you, they are right. Funny how people who truly understand the Bible.people who have studied it for many years, don't find all these "contradictions", but only those who pick it and read it with absolutely no source of accurate or authoritative interpretation. It would be like me picking up a book on nuclear physics, and then revealing my ignorance by pointing out to physicists all the "errors" found in the book.

Not all of us do, and you do take some things out of context, silly. Most people do. And you're a funny one to point fingers. Atheists have nothing but bluster and logical fallacies to shore up their atheism. If this is a tu quoque argument, it doesn't make it invalid.

If you have honest questions about the Bible, contact me, and I'll do my best to address them.

No, I don't think it is funny.

I never find it funny when people are confused and do not understand the Word of God.

The Bible does not contradict itself. People who think it does are not understanding what is being stated.

No, we think it's funny that you do.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

Well, yes, it's funny at times--when it isn't tragic or horrific.

But it's entirely possible to be a lifelong Christian and to recognize that the Bible has inconsistencies and contradictions because it's not some kind of divine manifesto, but rather an accumulation of contributions to a thousand years or more of arguments. Some of those writers were inspired to contribute by what they saw as a need to refine, correct, or refute some earlier contribution.

Another interesting thing is that people who rail about the errors in the Bible generally tend to become just as credulous about their lists of errors. For instance, if your list happens to include the claim that the Bible says the geometrical ratio known as π equals 3, then I advise you to find a sixth-grade math textbook and refresh your knowledge of the limits on precision of calculations from measurements.

But you're correct that some Christians, having fallen into the error of idolizing the Bible, do manage to screw up their thinking in an attempt to excuse that mistake.

• swolt

“Spiritual discernment” is one of the ways they pay people in the back for adopting official dogma. “You believed what we told you to believe. You’re so spiritually advanced!”

Fundies lie, it is the basis of christianity.

Your statement is filled with generalities. Care to be more specific and give an example or two.

You are taking it out of context !!!!!!. . .. but all those verses that they spin and twist to justify their God to be just like them - or to justify Jesus being the messiah - those are all perfectly in context!

Hypocrites.