Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

Why isn't suicide socially acceptable?

Not saying that I do, but if I wanted to kill myself, why would that be wrong? It's my life and my body, and I have no one who is depending on me. So long as my methods don't harm anyone, I don't see what the problem is. Why would I be labeled as a coward or selfish?

Favorite Answer

Because people don’t understand what’s going on inside a persons head that’s so fed up with life they’d rather take their own life.

I dealt with suicidal thoughts for years.

You don’t feel like a coward it’s almost scarily exciting and thrilling to know your miserable existence will no longer be if you can manage to successfully end yourself.

People on the outside see it as a ‘he took the easy way out like a coward’. But for them, because their brain was so messed up in that period, it wasn’t cowardice it was the bravery of finally being able to do it.

Because it’s not biologically normal. See, social convention is usually based on biological benefits. For example, homosexuality does not lead to the production of offspring, so it is not socially acceptable in most societies.

Suicide is selfish. It may not hurt anyone in the process but would hurt everyone who knows you afterwards. Not to mention the pain it causes professionals

• Mark5 months agoReport

Talk about selfish.

if you're ready to see your last sunset, puppy, or baby smiling...

• zipper

Why! It is self murder fool and a major SIN as well. And nothing is that bad to kill your self over!

• 5 months agoReport

You’re disgusting

Umm suicide isn’t cool because you are taking a life. It’s not cool to take a life. It’s also tends to be seen as the easy way out. People who kill themselves are essentially quitting life. Quitting isn’t cool. People who commit suicide leave loved ones behind who care about them. You may not have children who depend on you or a spouse who depends on you but someone does depend on you whether you think so or not and someone does love you and more people will depend on and love you in the future. It’s not cool to make the choice to leave those people broken hearted.

• aha5 months agoReport

Takes shots everytime he says "cool"

• Shadow

Don’t mind what is socially acceptable. The problem with suicide is that you’re hurting others emotionally who are either friends or family members. Suicidal people need proper care and empathy to encourage them to live their life in full. There is no point in ending your life when you’re going to pass away at some stage the same as everyone else. Life is like an assembly line where we will come to our own end at some stage. People with suicidal thoughts are a danger to themselves and need proper support to make it through life.

Assisted suicide is legal in some states here and also in some other countries. Also in some cultures suicide was considered honorable under certain circumstances, like with Samurai warriors, for example. Socrates also chose to drink the poison hemlock

rather than compromise his beliefs. It’s not a sign of weakness necessarily, but if you had children for example you would have to think twice about the effect it would have on them

• Mars Mission

Bring back the blacksmith 1038 thanks.

I used to be suicidal trust me you don't wana go through that. Cus your just gonna end up in hell

Darr! how can someone be sociable if they have killed them self.

uum. because it's socially unacceptable?

• Donald Chump5 months agoReport

What a stupid ******* non-answer.