Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 7 months ago

Why won’ty lights work?

I recently bought an 04 Jeep Wrangler. The dome lights on the top bar don’t work. I popped off the top and noticed that there were no light in them so I put some in and they worked. But they won’t go off. I have trypushing the button on the doors to see if they worked when I pushed in the button and they don’t. I have pulled the fuse to turn them off. How do I work these lights. What is my issue? Thanks!

• zipper

Sounds like you just learned why the bulbs were gone in the first place, there is a short some place.

Check that the switch for the instrument lights is not set at the highest. This often turns on the interior lights. Check that there is not a switch on the dome light itself to turn the light on permanently (or off permanently). If there is none of there then go to both door switches and see if a wire has not come off and grounded itself. Next check the switches themselves, that they are opening and closing the circuit (not just the button moving. Then there is a little box (somewhere) that delays the lights going off for a minute when you close the door.

If those do not locate the problem, then I am afraid that there is a short somewhere along the wire and that will be difficult to find

Bad door switch.

• Dze

The most common design is the door switch hooks the wire to ground they're probably damaged or full of rust ..