Are kyb struts the same or better than stock?

For my 2003 Honda Element awd.

According to KYB salesmen they are better. But their job is to sell them so they would tell you they were made out of gold if it sells a pair.

They are a bit stiffer but give a great stable ride.

Put Monroe Spectrum quick struts on for a less stiff but comfortable ride.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
    • kevin3 months agoReport

So by great stable ride how much better will it handles highway curves? For example, there is a curve on a highway that my shocks can handle up to 80 mph(max limit), how much faster will these kyb shocks allow me to go through that same curve?

• .

On average, expect to pay nine hundred to replace a pair of struts. You have a car that even in good condition is worth only two thousand dollars. You have already wasted too much money on upgrading it.

• k w

ask your mechanic.....it likely needs new springs too.....I know, I replaced all 4 and did the factory struts too, my 2002 accord needed them, and it rides like a new car.

Cheaper than getting a new car, but factory springs and struts will give it new life ....

• Dze

better might be subjective .. they might be better handling going fast and be rough for everyday driving .. depends how theyre tuned ..