Do you think Jehovah's Witnesses should be banned? What are your thoughts on religious freedom?

Freedom of religion is a basic fundamental human right recognized by Article 18 of the U.N. Declaration of human rights. Outlawing this religion will feed its persecution complex and drive it underground much like outlawing alcohol, marijuana, and prostitution has driven those underground in locations where they are outlawed. While education is usually far more effective at weakening a religion, Jehovah's Witnesses denounce education, but don't explicitly forbid it. Russia has banned this religion by claiming it's "extremist", but they are nonviolent. Russia has also been accused of planting evidence and torturing them, which is rightfully condemned.

On the other hand, Jehovah's Witnesses allow their children to die by denying them lifesaving blood transfusions, effectively making their children martyrs (as they did with the May 22, 1994 Awake! magazine). They have become engulfed in massive child abuse cover-up scandals and accompanying lawsuits worldwide. They shun ex-members (even victims of child abuse who speak out) which leads many to depression and suicide. They strongly discourage education, critical thinking, and looking at any information that might conflict with their beliefs. They fit nearly all the characteristics of a cult.

I want to support freedom of religion, but I don't want to support a religion that causes suffering, death, and family divisions. Does that make me a hypocrite?

By "education" I meant to specify "higher education".

Lioness, I am very sorry for your losses. My mother lost a close friend to suicide as a result of the cold judgmental mistreatment by Jehovah's Witnesses back in the mid 1980's. This has been going on for a long time. Awareness needs to be made about this. Thank you for your input.

Caribbean Man, you gave a great answer, but trolls have apparently falsely reported your answer.

Thank you all for responding. I have read everyone's answers, which has giving me a lot to think about.

Favorite Answer

Not many people have more issues with the JW's than I , their "theology" is heretical and they are followers of man. On top of that, I was raised and baptized as a Jehovah's Witness, my father is an Elder and a pedophile, I have also had 2 beloved members of my family die because of this sect.

Grandmother died after a bloodless siugery.

Nephew hung himself due to feeling outcast by extreme shunning.

All that being said, people have free will, so No I don't support them being banned.

Of course not. I don't agree with them, but they have the same rights as the rest of us.

Stfu u simple atheist

• 4 months agoReport

To not be a Jw is not to be an atheist.
      To not be a JW is to be sane.

Jehovah's Witnesses should not be allowed under state law to knock on our doors they should be banned for life or sent to jail for trespassing

They are incredibly dishonest in recruiting for their cult. That alone would merit banning.

And any organisation that pretends the New World Translation is a translation, when the so called translators did not and do not understand the original languages, tells you sufficient,

If they are prepared to make criminal misrepresentations to promote their cult then they should be banned.

• pugjw9896

Pick a practice and quote the scripture that bans it...Simply, you cannot do t because it does not happen.

All religion should be banned. It's all just a bunch of bald, open faced claims that have never had one piece of proof or evidence to support it. Religion should not be allowed to advertise. It should be kept where it belongs: In church or a religious school. And they really shouldn't have access to TV or radio. Keep them off the air to prevent the spread of ancient bronze age lies. In the course of human history, not one single person has ever shown proof or evidence of a god... ANY god. It is dishonest to assert as fact that which is not evidently true.

Of course not. People the world over should be free to practice whatever religion they like, so long as that religion is not forcing people into it, or preventing members from freely leaving when they want to.

And there's the rub.

Although JWs never force anybody to join them, their leaders enforce an active policy of making leaving a nightmare (designed to put members off trying to leave). JWs don't see it that way, needless to say; they claim they are "keeping the congregation clean" and that they give members the chance to repent and so to avoid the appalling shunning that would follow. (Some even deny they shun those in low standing, but they're only fooling themselves.) It's when a baptized JW decides it's time to leave that they discover the nasty side of the JWs. They could decide to leave due to changing their mind about some things their leaders claimed, but rather than make a fuss, they just stop attending and participating. In any religion other than a cult, there would be concern shown and a desire to sort the disagreement out, but if the person no longer wanted to discuss the matter in question, church folk would respect their wishes and continue to be nice to them. Not so with the JWs. If an announcement is made by the elders that so-and-so is now viewed as "a fader", every JW in the Kingdom Hall must shun that individual. They are not to discuss spiritual matters either, even if the person wishes to do that. Once elders decide the person has effectively disassociated themselves and shunning is to apply, that person's life becomes a misery, especially if they have JW family.

I know a former JW lady who could not give up smoking. She also had depression. Further, a son had been sexually molested by a JW elder; the lad left the JWs but the elder remained then the lad's mother was told she must now shun her son! Neither of them got loving help. Eventually, after many years, the only way she could get away from them was to move to another town. Fortunately, her son is now back in touch and helping her, but she still feels immense guilt at having allowed herself to be pressured into shunning him.

I've met this lady. This is not a fabrication. Religions that treat members and their children so wickedly should be investigated by the police. Yet, even so, people still have the right to join them if they think they should. It's the leaving part that is the horror. That's when people discover (too late) that a cruel cult has them in its grips. Church leaders who are responsible for that should be exposed and shamed.

• 👀 🚶

Glory, JW's do believe in Jesus and Trinitarians are the ones who worship the archangel Michael as "God the Son".

There should be some type of accountability that religions should have to comply with just as do other businesses. Don't try to tell me that religion is not a business. It is the biggest racket on earth.

• norine4 months agoReport

GOD is ((( NOT ))) "in all trinity churches" when HE SAID THE SPIRIT is "DIVERSITIES OF OPERATIONS" (I Cor 12:6) defined as >>>"MANY"<<< in I Cor 12:11-12 which is MORE THAN just "3" and because your belief calls GOD "A LIAR" that is "BLASPHEMY" (Matt 12:31-32)!

Face the facts.

JW's have never killed anyone in war in the past 100 years.

The percentage of members suffering from current tobacco or alcohol related self-induced diseases is effectively zero.

Maybe you should you focus on the religions that have caused hundreds of millions to die in the past century rather than your trolling hypoocritical bias.

• Madam Sin Bin

Um, Christians kill other Christians every day. You also don't have to murder someone to mortally wound them. See shunning practices, for example.

• Juli

Their days are numbered.

Our secular authorities are taking care of this cult and the cult's organized crime.

They have been and still are being found guilty of hiding their pedophilia.

They are paying multi-million dollar judgments.

The cult leaders are digging their own graves and it couldn't be more exciting watching the tower crumble.

• Paul4 months agoReport

"...and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled." (Luke 21:24).

..."and they will profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant feature." (Dan. 11:31).

Absolutely not. They're legally entitled to practice their religion.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Nigel4 months agoReport

MERCY? YAHOO, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM AND MICROSOFT FAMILY MUST LASER TILL VANISH FOR 2ND MOON SURVIVAL.
      https://m.vk.com/wall519091887_137

What? Jews said they never blocked the ultimate truth from reaching human mean Sky cannot punish them because they good at lying?