Aiden
Aiden asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 year ago

Why don't I care about anything?

I'm not depressed, or at least I don't think I am. I'd consider myself to be quite a happy person actually.

I have no goals, no desires, I don't know what I want to do most of the time. I usually spend my time doing things that I like, avoiding things that I don't like and trying new things out.

I don't really have any problems or issues. Well I do, but to be honest I can probably solve them easily. I just don't because I find these problems as ways to pass time.

When other people have problems or issues I don't really see why they consider them problems or issues because they also have easy solutions. They make things sound so much harder than it actually is.

Parents got divorced when I was 16. I had already caught my Mum cheating on my Dad first hand, so I knew it was coming. Nobody knew I knew because I didn't really see it as any of my business.

I slacked off in school and got passing grades. I did all of my college work in the last 2 months and got passing grades. Didn't really want to go to University. I've enjoyed my working life so far, I get promoted pretty quickly in whatever job I get.

So far I'd have considered life as being easy. In fact I feel like there's a lack of challenge in my life and I would have fared better if I had in fact had to put up with some kind of hardship in my life.

Anyway I don't think there's a single thing or person on this planet that I care about or am passionate about. That kind of bothers me for some reason. Any ideas?

Thanks

Maybe you could try traveling abroad. Going somewhere you've never been to can be seen as a "challenge" in itself, it will help you learn about yourself, and it could perhaps open you perspectives about different ways of doing things, ideas you take for granted that aren't like that universally... Most of countries are very self-absorbed, and we are a bit like the fish who cannot describe water, because never has known anything else.

• Dejair

Know thee thyself ! is the absolute one law . Then you will may build in you something joyous to you . Super health, shiny youth, comfortable wealth !

Velocity of the driftwood it is they

All the temporary pleasures in the world cannot satisfy your deepest longing.

God has set you up to fail without Him.

Why sit there until you die?  

If you remain where you are, you must perish.  

If you go to Jesus you will live. If you sit in sullen dispair no one can pity you when your ruin comes; but if you were to die SEEKING MERCY (as IF that were possible) you would be the object of universal sympathy.  

You know others who were saved by believing in Him (your own friends and neighbors); so why not you? Why not taste and see that the Lord is merciful?  

To perish is awful. We assure that if you seek Him, you will find Him, for He casts out none who come to Him. You shall not perish if you trust Him. On the contrary; you shall find treasure; eternal treasure, that will be stored up for you beyond this life.  

We preach to the living even where the vultures gather because we must. Because we know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Because we too were about to perish when we got up and sought mercy for ourselves. We preach because God has ordained us to do just that.  A sacred responsibility.

• Rain

Well, life is better when you just don't care, lmao. Helps deal with stress not to care.