Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 months ago

Who wins in a nuclear war between Russia and us ?

I hear we have a missile defense system and weapons that are impenetrable.

• Nancy
    Favorite Answer

The cockroaches do.

I think that there will not a war between these two countries ,first of all ,Russia have the ability to wipe the US off the face of earth ,So does US, what's more ,Both Russia and US shared some strategic interests ,for example ,on the korean nuclear issue ,US and Russia need to intensify consultation and coordination, I think that healthy development of US-RUSSIA relation is in the fundamental interests of the two countries ,

Russia has a big metro, but fallout North America has bullets in every other random house. China just has enough people to pull through......It might make for a new game. Europe, Africa, and India will be DLC's.

Australia will come out later, as the final end game group.

(My RISK board dissolves beneath me)

Nobody wins a nuclear war, period.

China would win.

Nobody does, unfortunately.

• Daniel

China? South Africa maybe? Bhutan perhaps?

You need to read up on the concept of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction).

If one country launched a nuclear missile at the other, then the other country would immediately retaliate in kind as both have various early warning systems in place. Both countries have hundreds of ICBMs and SLBMs on alert.

The US doesn't have enough interceptors to stop every one of Russia's missiles, and a simple Google search will show that they are far from perfect.

Major cities and areas around key military facilities in both countries would be decimated within an hour.

If by chance conditions had slowly deteriorated prior to the first shot and either country had been able to place strategic bombers alert, then you can add a few hundred more ALCMs and gravity bombs into the mix. There is also a pretty good chance that the rest of NATO would also be targeted by Russia.

• Daniel

To the max? You mean thosands of nuke flying around the worldm. Yeah, the rest of the world would be fine fornthe few hours it took for radioactive fallout to hit them.

I think the late, great Carl Sagan had the best answer to this. Imagine two people in a room, up to their knees in gasoline, arguing over who has the most matches.

Nobody. Ever hear of the doctrine of mutually assured destruction? Well...that.

According to studies the country that fires second wins. Look this up for yourself. I can't remember where I read this.