Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 months ago

Who wins in a nuclear war between Russia and us ?

I hear we have a missile defense system and weapons that are impenetrable.

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Nancy
    Lv 6
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The cockroaches do.

• 6 months ago

I think that there will not a war between these two countries ,first of all ,Russia have the ability to wipe the US off the face of earth ,So does US, what's more ,Both Russia and US shared some strategic interests ,for example ,on the korean nuclear issue ,US and Russia need to intensify consultation and coordination, I think that healthy development of US-RUSSIA relation is in the fundamental interests of the two countries ,

• 6 months ago

Russia has a big metro, but fallout North America has bullets in every other random house. China just has enough people to pull through......It might make for a new game. Europe, Africa, and India will be DLC's.

Australia will come out later, as the final end game group.

(My RISK board dissolves beneath me)

• 6 months ago

Nobody wins a nuclear war, period.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

China would win.

• 7 months ago

Nobody does, unfortunately.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

China? South Africa maybe? Bhutan perhaps?

You need to read up on the concept of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction).

If one country launched a nuclear missile at the other, then the other country would immediately retaliate in kind as both have various early warning systems in place. Both countries have hundreds of ICBMs and SLBMs on alert.

The US doesn't have enough interceptors to stop every one of Russia's missiles, and a simple Google search will show that they are far from perfect.

Major cities and areas around key military facilities in both countries would be decimated within an hour.

If by chance conditions had slowly deteriorated prior to the first shot and either country had been able to place strategic bombers alert, then you can add a few hundred more ALCMs and gravity bombs into the mix. There is also a pretty good chance that the rest of NATO would also be targeted by Russia.

• ...Show all comments
    • Daniel
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

To the max? You mean thosands of nuke flying around the worldm. Yeah, the rest of the world would be fine fornthe few hours it took for radioactive fallout to hit them.

• 7 months ago

I think the late, great Carl Sagan had the best answer to this. Imagine two people in a room, up to their knees in gasoline, arguing over who has the most matches.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Nobody. Ever hear of the doctrine of mutually assured destruction? Well...that.

• 7 months ago

According to studies the country that fires second wins. Look this up for yourself. I can't remember where I read this.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.