Will.
Will. asked in SportsCricket · 7 months ago

England in the first Ashes Test.?

England lost convincingly to Australia in the first Ashes Test. Australia got revenge for losing to England in the World Cup. One Australian pundit said they will beat England 5-0 in the series. I do not believe that but England have a tough series on their hands. Comments please.

Favorite Answer

Hang on lets not get excited just yet. England lost their best bowler to injury and played a man short - a man who is ranked 2nd behind Patrick Cummins.

What if that happened to Cummins and Australia played a man short?

The difference between the 2 teams is very small, if England can field 11 fit players things might be very different indeed, what if Smith gets injured, Australia would struggle to bat for 2 sessions.

Very impressive comeback by the Aussies after being down big after first innings. Steve Smith's great stand in the first gave the batsmen some confidence and he and Wade in the second built on that and gave them such a commanding lead before Paine declared. Then Lyon and Cummins were brilliant in bowling England out.

I think there could be a drawn match or two and the final could be 2-1 or 2-2. I want Australia but its tough to take the Ashes on foreign soil.

I don't pay any attention to pundits. I am my own pundit; I go by what I see.

Steve Smith is going to be like Bradman. Getting a century nearly every innings. If they don't find a way to get him out early they can't win tests.

They lost.......