Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

Isn't Yahoo's "We are experiencing some problems, please try again." just a copout for censorship?

Update:

Spiritually speaking of course.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

WE HAVE no way of knowing...but I am sick of wasting time on those dumb squares..we are not robots ....good grief

• Old-un
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

I believe that in some cases it may be that the question itself may have been put into question, I have had the above in red on an answer more than once, sometimes the question has been deleted on other occasions the answer has been accepted.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Try until that person decides to unblock you. Yahoo doesn't care if you waste your time.

• Ala
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

Sometimes, because it is used when someone blocks you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Sometimes it's just that their systems are applying someone else's update and the question file is in the wrong state to apply yours. From the time it often takes to produce that message, I suspect they give up in the record isn't available for update within a specific time limit.

(As a programmer, I tend to try to analyze bugs when I see them. I remember an old letter to a tech magazine in which the writer argued that "software engineer" ought to be replaced by "software psychopathologist.")

But Yahoo! has a sort of auto-censorship in which they suspend a question entirely when certain people report it as violating the rules, and since that "locks" access to the record, of course it also produces the same message.

• 1 year ago

No, Yahoo has proven time and time again that they couldn't program themselves out of a paper bag. Their software engineering department is pretty terrible.

• I think it is people who have blocked you that Yahoo forgot to processs

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Spiritually speaking, of course, you also will get that message when the user who asks the question had blocked you so yes is a kind of censorship

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Not that message, necessarily, but I've been censored before when I asked a question and someone reports it to death. It's really frustrating.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.