Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 7 months ago

Anger issues?

My anger issues this month have been so bad I’m thinking of getting into boxing cause I’ve been bottling it in is this a good idea

Favorite Answer

it might work, though i would first see a counselor or doctor to know the best thing to do for your anger issues

I took up boxing in February (7 months ago) and it has been very helpful to me.  I feel more confident, and surprisingly, less angry, friendlier, more outgoing, and happier.  I think for me boxing simply unleashed aggressiveness that was there inside all along.  I am not angry when I am sparring, and am not trying to hurt people, we do light sparring at my gym and don't hit full force.  It's a great release not just for anger but for all kinds of tension.  When I am at the gym, I'm not thinking about my problems or anything else.  It clears my head.  I encourage you to find a supportive martial arts gym in your area and start taking classes!

It worked for Tyson...and Duran...and Liston...and Greb...and....

You might want to keep in mind its still a sport. Not anger management sir.

• Ok ok you do that

it rnight be and it also wouldnt hurt to get sorne counseling to find out why you have so rnany anger issues

It may work. But if you lose your temper in the ring you will have the sh*t punched out of you. Maybe not a bad thing though.