G R

What do contractor/installers do with the old tracks and openers when they remove them from customers home? Should I keep them myself?

Do they make money off of the old units and parts?

I'm a handyman and from personal experience I can say that its a hastle to try to sell anything thats broken. Unless its full of copper, aluminum, brass, or stainless steel in which case they make take it to the recycling center if you have one in your area. They wouldn't make very much on tracks and openers though so Id guess they probably take it to the dump.

• D J

Why would you keep a broken opener? Let the installers recycle them.

• Droopy

They'd probably be more than happy to leave them. They Ethier throw them away or recycle them Ethier way there losing money. Metal doesn't pay crap. I do hvac when I'm doing residential I hope the customer want to keep the old unit. I've had customers ask me if they get anything for the old unit. I tell them there more than welcome to keep it.

Make money off them? The contractors are probably lucky if they don't have to pay to throw them away. If they were yours, you can keep them if you want them.