G R
Lv 7

Anybody ever have HOME DEPOT install a garage door OPENER unit, if so where you happy with the job, price reasonable. Private comp are $$$$?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

I had a new two car garage door and electric opener installed in March. Price: $2500 with a six year warranty. Installer, Precision Garage Door and all they do are garage doors. Work completed in just under 4 hours and they hauled the old mess away..

• 1 year ago

They did mine 20 years ago and did a fine job. No issues. Know, however, that they just sub-contract out to some local company. That means the quality of work I got will not necessarily be the quality of work you get.

As far as price, you can likely find someone cheaper on your own since you're eliminating the middle man (Home Depot). Home Depot may pad the price of the opener to help cover in the install costs so you have to look at the total deal. There is also a little more comfort in knowing you have the Home Depot guarantee backing the install as opposed to an unknown person or local company.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.