WINFIELDACE asked in SportsTennis · 6 months ago

WILL ANYONE EVER WIN ALL 4 TENNIS GRAND SLAMS???

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Djokovic did it in 2016 when he won the French Open. Although it wasn't counted as a proper Grand Slam because it wasn't in the same calendar year, which I personally think is ridiculous. I mean, if you win all 4 Grand Slams in a row you've done a Grand Slam, I don't care if it's in the same calendar year or not.

• ...Show all comments
    • onthe455 months agoReport

Djokovic didn't win all four in his career, he won 4 in a row and held all four of the same time. Wimbledon and US Open 2015, and Australian Open and French Open 2016. An unofficial Grand Slam I would call that. The only man to hold all four at the same time since Rod Laver in 1969

• 5 months ago

calendar slam has been done, players who have won each slam has been done before as well, i think each of the big 3 have done it

Last male calendar Slam was Laver in 1969. Last female calendar Slam was Steffi Graf in 1988.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Assuming you mean in the same year, it's already been done several times - you could look that up.

• Chuck
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Did you want to include: ... "in a single, calendar year?"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

The Joker can do it, once Rafa retires.

The Joker already has done it, unofficially when he won the French in 2016.

• David
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes. Don Budge did in 1938, Mo Connolly did in 1953, Rod Laver did in 1962 and again in 1969, Margaret Court did in 1970 and Steffi Graf in 1988. So it's already been done six times.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Some have already won all four in a calendar year in the past , if you mean in the future, it's possible but not likely.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

anything is possible

• 6 months ago

LAVER & COURT >>NO ONE WILL REPEAT THEIR TALENT OR RECORDS

• 6 months ago

They have already.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.