Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

English people what your opinion on Northern Ireland conflict 1609-1998?

Do you feel guilty that you’re ancestors caused it .

Andrew great answers.

Numnuts222 he was acting on behalf of the English crown and parliament Scottish Presbyterians were persecuted by English Anglicans also.

It is always England fault Scottish and Irish and Welsh were victims of English imperialism.

Yes unless your Far Right **** like jimmy who believes in Brexit.

• jimmy

I feel the same way that Americans feel about terrorists from the middle east. Do Americans feel guilty for bombing and killing them? Americans who think the British should be out of Northern Ireland should look in their own back yard and keep their noses out of other countries business.

You know that it happened under the Scottish king James and most of the colonists in the plantation were Scottish, so no point just blaming the English for that one

He was the English crown, as well as the Scottish king and he was the ultimate power in both countries. Parliament at that time was only an advisory body, he was free to do as he wanted

Also at that time, the English had no power in Scotland, it was a separate kingdom so there wasn't any English persecutions going on.

I dunno! I believe that my ancestors escaped to the Belfast district around the mid 1650's to get away from the Lord protector of the commonwealth of England. Cromwell could have given pointers in terror to Robespierre, Hitler, and Osama bin Laden.

No

So like so many others my ancestory is Irish Catholic.

I don't feel guilty about something I was not involved in, or had no control over.