Near Death Experiences?

I have no idea if near death experiences are real or not. Hundreds of thousands of people claim to have had an OUT OF BODY experience, a journey into ANOTHER DIMENSION. Are they all lying? Seeking fame? Seeking money?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

They either lying or they actually had visions triggered by oxygen deprivation in brain.As we can see, all of experiences pretty much fall in line with person's prefered religion.

• English Guy
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

"all of experiences pretty much fall in line with person's prefered religion." That is a minus, not a plus for your argument. So if I hold my breath long enough, I will see god and angels??? What do I do to see puppies and kittens? How about holding my breath and sticking one arm up in the air?

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Interesting this woman who was dead for 27 minutes and revived 6 times seems to have had a good experience -

https://www.unilad.co.uk/life/woman-who-died-for-2...

But during that time she was starved of oxygen so.....

Still no proof.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

One hypothesis behind a NDE is that when the brain begins to shut down due to oxygen starvation and the individual becomes * clinically dead* the consciousness continues to function and that the person has an OBE ( outer body experience ) showing is that the consciousness can continue to exist without the need of a functioning brain or body.

Even if this is the case and the consciousness continues to operate after clinical death ie an OBE it cannot prove an afterlife as we still do not know how long the consciousness will continue to operate, whether it be minutes days or even years it still does not prove an immortal consciousness.

What it would show us though, is that the mind can still operate, even after * clinical * deathIt also would show us that the mind is at least semi separate from the physical body

• 5 months ago

The key word is "near".

Near death - not dead. No one who has lived to talk about the experience actually died, just been unconscious. Their brains may have suffered oxygen starvation etc. but they did not _die_, as in true brain death.

Depending on the exact effects, the may have false memories when they regain consciousness, almost like someone "tripping" on an hallucinogenic drug.

The standards for someone being considered "dead" have changed drastically as medical science has improved and what was once considered death - someone simply stopping breathing - is now almost trivially treated & many people know CPR etc.

True death is when the brain has been without oxygen for so long that most neurons have died and it's impossible for any mental activity to continue. No one ever recovers from that as neurons do not regenerate.

• English Guy
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Of course, they have. They have been D.E.A.D no brain activity full stop. Deceased, no longer with us. Yet they have a full experience. Even describing what happened and was said in the operating room.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Seriously, don't buy anything that is advertised on media or based on reviews, until you develop a better understanding of how such things work. While you may think you see many NDEs that support your beliefs, there are thousand of others that support other religions, each directly correlated to the person's religon or culture.

I hate to say it, but NDE is just another form of snake oil and a way to rip off people. Now, people may actually have something that seems to be an NDE, but realistically it is a side effect of oxygen deprivation, a similar experience to "falling asleep" (i.e everything in your brain shutting down)....

• Hundreds of thousands of people claim all sorts of crap, people easily misinterpret their imagined experiences for something which they are not.

• 5 months ago

We don't know. Most are truthful, not all.

Too many to discount. But what they are, don't know.

Are they demonic? I'd say many are. Not all.

• It could be any of those, or just mistaken, or perhaps they're accurately relaying a true experience.

• 5 months ago

I have no idea if near death experiences are real or not.

- They are real, usually they call them hallucinations.

• 5 months ago

Yeah, they're all true. Happy now?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.