Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Anyone still believe in the birther conspiracy that Obama was born in Kenya?

I really don't care where B.O. was born. But what I read was that Obama was born in Kenya, and his birth was witnessed in person by his Kenyan grandmother. Immediately following the birth, baby Obama and his mother immediately flew to Hawaii where she filled out a "Certificate of live birth" which was an acceptable and legal process at that time, mostly to accommodate births that occur at home, as was fairly common back then.

Source(s): As I said, I really don't care where Obama was born. It is not an issue to me.
  • John

Millions of whackos out there who refuse to compute logically.

I don't believe anyone really ever believed it. I think it's like the Flat Earth thing. Nobody really believes it but they say they do to get attention, or to muddy the point, to cast doubt.

Trump said, back in the day, that he'd actually sent men to Hawaii to check it out, and they were finding 'amazing things! Amazing things!' We never learned what those amazing things were.

The Republicans never could get used to the Dems nominating a black man. This being the 21st century, they couldn't just say 'Hey, you don't want a colored guy for president, don't you?' So instead they concentrated on making him look 'not like us', 'not one of us', 'not our kind'. Not just a different race, they insisted he was a Muslim, he belonged to an America-hating black church. He palled around with terrorists. And he wasn't born here and not qualified to run for president.

They STILL call him a Muslim, and insist that he came to office with a plan all ready to go to destroy America.

For 2020 they'll insist all the candidates are 'socialists' and 'marxists' and 'communists'. A whole new birther movement has been started for Kamala Harris. And of course they want to send Ilhan Omar back where she came from. (Racist? That's not racist! How is that racist?)

Alot of people didn't, even on the conservative side. But the ones who did got all the publicity. It was never as widely believed as the media wanted people to think, IMHO. I know lots of conservatives, and literally none that I talked to about it believed it. Some wanted Obama to release his birth certificate to prove it, but they didn't actually believe he was born in Kenya.

But the number of conservatives now who still believe I think is quite small. All the conservative opinion leaders have abandoned the position with only a very few exceptions.

No. That was just one more example of Donald Trump's relentless racism.

• Entropy

You mean Hillary Clinton's relentless racism? She's the one that popularized the claim during the 2007 primary.

It's not really relevant now but it is clear like all Democrats, Obama's allegiance was to the globalist corporate elites, not average Americans.

• -j.

Lol @ anyone thinking that Donald Trump isn't a globalist corporate elite.

If I were this stupid I'd probably go anonymous in shame too.

• Kyle

I never did.

The minimum length of an answer is 15 characters