Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 months ago

Why is my friend mad at me?????

I asked this earlier and only got one response saying it's cause he likes me, but I find it hard to believe. Second opinions please?

So this is my friend/ex-crush. I liked him and we had a thing for like a month before it sorta just fizzled because I'm shy and he's at the point in life where he wants physical attention, and only that, while most of what I gave him was emotional attention and genuine love, which he isn't ready for. (Keep in mind he has told me he doesn't wish to be in a relationship for a long time) My crush has still lasted though.

I told him I probably won t talk to him for a bit just so I could get over my crush and our friendship could be healthier, so I wouldn't pine after him fruitlessly.

But after I sent the message he ignored me, not as much as an okay?

Is he mad at me? Or just trying to respect what I said and not reply for my sake?

You would have to ask your friend....

How would we have any idea, when we don't know him? You know him a LOT better than total strangers on the internet, right? So again, why would you imagine we would understand his actions better than you would??

• choko_canyon

Okay, but the thing is that all men...like all women...are different. We don't necessarily do the same things for the same reasons. MAYBE he's angry, or MAYBE he's just following your instructions, or maybe he's doing both but is being passive-aggressive about it so that you don't have any ammo.