Why is my friend mad at me?????

I asked this earlier and only got one response saying it's cause he likes me, but I find it hard to believe. Second opinions please? So this is my friend/ex-crush. I liked him and we had a thing for like a month before it sorta just fizzled because I'm shy and he's at the point in life where he wants... show more I asked this earlier and only got one response saying it's cause he likes me, but I find it hard to believe. Second opinions please?
So this is my friend/ex-crush. I liked him and we had a thing for like a month before it sorta just fizzled because I'm shy and he's at the point in life where he wants physical attention, and only that, while most of what I gave him was emotional attention and genuine love, which he isn't ready for. (Keep in mind he has told me he doesn't wish to be in a relationship for a long time) My crush has still lasted though.
I told him I probably won t talk to him for a bit just so I could get over my crush and our friendship could be healthier, so I wouldn't pine after him fruitlessly.
But after I sent the message he ignored me, not as much as an okay?
Is he mad at me? Or just trying to respect what I said and not reply for my sake?