Sophie asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

OCD + Panic Disorder and Phobias?

OCD is really awful, as people who have it know. Mine constantly shifts around and even the most mundane things can be a problem for me. I also have really bad emetophobia. Any sort of feeling sick can cause a panic attack. I'm assuming this is because I've had acid reflux since I was 5. I carried a water bottle around the playground because I was afraid of throwing up. The reflux improved for a couple of years/would come and go, but after last year it got worse. My family was traveling and I was perfectly fine at first. Then my reflux decided to come back and I nearly got stranded on a tourist attraction on the mountains because I had my first panic attack. Somehow my throat closed up (anxiety?) and so I couldn't swallow anything after my second attack until we got home. I thought I was going to die. I had two panic attacks in the span of a week and I lost ten pounds due to not being to eat. (I'm already skinny af) I'm flying to Europe tomorrow and I'm terrified. My OCD keeps telling me I'll get sick while traveling, while on the plane/have a panic attack/not be able to eat. I'm worried that I'll end up never being able to swallow again, even at home, let alone on vacation. I can't take SSRIs because a common side effect is throwing up and I'd probably just panic more. Usually, I can manage my daily life, just not when triggered. I'm ridiculously afraid of 1) getting a panic attack on the plane and 2) being unable to swallow once I get to Europe. Is there anything I can do?

Go to the doctor and tell them about your symptoms. I agree with the other answer, you're just whining and not getting help from the right people.

Esomeprazole. An over the counter medication that will stop your reflux. Stop whining and start doing.