Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Why do atheists hate the idea that there's a God?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Pride. That's all there it to it, at the root of things. They don't want anybody, even a God, telling them what to do.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because they love sin.

Whatever feels good can become addictive. What someone loves they become a slave to: it controls them. Why give control of our lives over to something that wants to destroy us? Jesus came to save us from our sins.

The wages of sin is death.

Unless they change their minds, they will pay with their lives, sadly.

• Ricardo
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

We don't, but we do hate the psychopaths who think he is real.

• 6 months ago

We don't hate the idea at all. In fact, we know there's a god. Ideas are real. God is an idea. As an idea, he's real. It's just an idea that we don't share with you.

• Ricardo
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

• 6 months ago

I hate the idea the free will may not exist, I really hate the idea that we may never explore our galaxy much less the universe. O hat how horrible we are to each other over meaningless thing lis difference of beliefs, skin color, sex, sesual prefereance and where we were born.

I'm ok with the idea the a god, God, or gods exist, but it's that there is no objectively verifiable evidence to support that any gods might. The absolute best "evidence" that we have fo a god or gods is the same as we have for hundred of convicted felons that were wrongfully convicted and which is no where nearly enough to establish a scientific theory.

On the other hand, the idea of God (as opposed to a god or gods) is not only dependant on the complete lack of evidence for it, but the blantat changing beliefs about it and what it is/wants over the centuries that do not hold consistent with our evolving morality and values.

• Ricardo
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I don't hate the idea of a god. I just don't believe myself. You carry on if you believe.

• Ricardo
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because it's just an "idea" that exists in deluded, gullible, and stupid people's minds that makes the world a much more dangerous and less free place when their idea is manifested into public policy

Source(s): Truth
  • 6 months ago

Actually we don't "hate" that idea. We just don't believe in that idea. There's a difference you know between hate and disbelief. What we dislike, if you want to point fingers at us atheists, is for theists to misrepresent what atheism really is.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You are confusing hate with understanding.

• 6 months ago

Atheists don't hate. We leave hatred to the fundamentalists, they are so good at it. Give us some testable evidence that any of the many thousands of gods exists and we will no longer be atheists. It is that simple. No-one has managed to do it yet, why don't you have a go?

• I don't think ANY atheist would have a problem with a deistic god existing if they had a reason to believe in one, it's the immorality of the Bible they don't like.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.