kevin asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 5 months ago

Who’s your favorite President of United States ever in history??

JFK or Richard Nixon here. I don’t care about watergate—He was cool guy.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Franklin Delano Roosevelt. He got us out of the Great Depression and was President during WWII.

• 5 months ago

Theodore Roosevelt : set up national park system, had courage to stand up to robber barons, built Panama Canal.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Obama. He comes out top in the whole international poll after Bill Gates according to YouGov. 140 countries polled. Pity Americans didn’t appreciate him,

• 5 months ago

Nixon kept us in the Vietnam War; tens of thousands of Americans died needlessly because he didn't want to be "...the first American President to lose a war." And that's a direct quote from his infamous tapes.

JFK was a philanderer (with Marilyn Monroe) who single handedly lost the Bay of Pigs invasion on Cuba because he failed to authorize the air coverage that had been planned for that invasion.

Harry Truman is my favorite. He was a man of good morals who was thrown into the WWII history books when FDR died and Harry chose to end that long war quickly by dropping two nuclear bombs on Japan. He was also the POTUS who chose to help Japan and Germany rebuild after the war, rather than subjugate those defeated nations. And as a consequence, both Japan and Germany are two of our strongest allies...even under Trump.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Yeh greatest of all time- TRUMP

• Joe
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Whoever defeats Trump. I guess that means favorite President in future??

• Gary
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Obama was the best president ever. He cares about America. Conservatives hate America

• 5 months ago

Abraham Lincoln - he got us thru the civil war. Yours are fine, but just average in my book.

In modern times, I'd go with Ronald Reagan.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

William Jefferson Clinton

• 5 months ago

James K. Polk. This guy really doesn't get enough credit for everything he did for the nation. But most importantly, he's quite possibly the only president in American history who's managed to successfully achieve every major goal on his presidential agenda.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

William Henry Harrison .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.