Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 5 months ago

Do i have to pay rent?

the owner will not get the rats out now.

one of the rats did bite me.

i like to sue him for all that he haves

Update:

i know española more then i know English

Update 2:

he had a man come out 30 days ago about the rats an all that he did was little help of getting then all.

thy coming out of the wall i do not have any food out for then. but thy can get water from the rest room

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course you have to pay rent, if you don't want to be evicted. If you have reported the rat problem, then you have to give him reasonable time to fix the problem. If he has tried and the rats are still there, then tell him that the rats are still there. Work WITH him, not against him. Working against him will only get you evicted.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • 5 months ago

To bad- you are on an English speaking site.

It is illegal to withhold rent over a pest issue without a court order in most states. You CANNOT just stop paying in any state. The few states that do not require court order still have legally required steps you have to follow before you can withhold rent.

• R P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Pay your rent or you will be evicted. Your pest problem is separate from the rent.

Have you notified the landlord in writing about the rats? If not, why not? Also, what are YOU doing to mitigate the problem? - are you keeping your place spotless so that there is nothing for them to eat. Have you gone around & closed up any places (that you can see) where the rats can get in?

Source(s): FL landlord
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

get a cat %%%%%%

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Yes you have to pay your rent.

Leave the friggin rats alone, they won't bite you.

Get a set of those electronic rodent repellers, that will solve your problem.

• 5 months ago

You can do that. But it is unlikely that you can legally remain living in an apartment you don't want to pay rent for. That's like eating your steak and then trying to get it off your bill.

• Gary
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Nope. It’s the owners responsibility to make sure you are safe.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Go for it. And use the money to take some English classes at your local community college.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No the rats do not have to pay any rent you have to pay it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.