Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 6 months ago

How To Refund A Non-Refundable Hotel Booking On Expedia?

I booked a non-refundable hotel for three nights in Paris. However, I realized that I will no longer be able to go. It cost over $600 and I contacted the hotel regarding what my options are they said that there is nothing that they can do because it was non-refundable. I contacted Expedia and they said that they will contact the hotel tomorrow and see if they can cancel it and refund the money, but I have low expectations as the hotel had already said that they would not to me. The hotel did, however, mention that I could talk to my credit card company as the booking was made through there. Is there anything that my credit card company can do for me? If so, what should I tell them? Thank you, I greatly appreciate all of the help!

• MS

This is risk is making a non-refundable reservation - you don't get a refund. Your credit card is not likely to help - the terms of this reservation were made clear at the time of booking, so the hotel and Expedia are not in the wrong. You made the mistake here, and sometimes mistakes end up very expensive.

For obvious reasons - you can't. Because the reservation is non-refundable, and your chance of plans doesn't change the terms you booked under.

What part of non refundable don't you understand.

You can't. It was non-refundable. If you didn't purchase trip insurance, you're out of luck.

You can try to tell the credit card company to reverse it but Expedia can have it put back if they can't recover the money. Non refundable means just that.