Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 months ago

If he says this while drunk, would you assume it's the truth?

So this guy that I have had a huge crush on for a long time and I were hanging out after a night out and he was a bit drunk and he told me that he's scared with me because he thinks it feels real with me and that we could be something. He told me that he likes being around me but that I scare him a lot. We have had this interesting connection and energy for the last 10 months and I don't know if he was just being stupid or serious when he said these things while drunk but I wonder if it's a reality?

Some people say "drunk thoughts, sober thoughts", but I don't always think that that's true. I think that people can say the truth to a degree, but it can also be exaggerated, especially when really drunk. Most people talk rubbish when they're drunk anyway. It's hard to know what the truth is when drunk. Don't overthink things. Why not talk to him about where you two are at when you're both sober? You'll never have a meaningful conversation or know the full truth if you've both been drinking.

• Steve

No. The truth is he was drunk.