Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

Animal abuse situation?

My neighbors have a cat, they are definite lowlife drug addicts and they feed their cat, but just barely enough to survive. He doesn’t have a collar and stays outside most of the time but he goes in their house at times. I feed the cat daily because he’s always desperate for food and gobbles down anything he can get. I can feel all his bones and he’s very emaciated. I would take him into my house but I’m allergic to cats, and I want to take him to a no kill shelter nearby, but I don’t want to get in trouble with the laws. Would that be okay to do since the cat isn’t being cared for properly? Or should I call the spca or something and report animal cruelty?

I dont know what SPCA stands for, but if it some type of animal welfare organization, definitely call them, and just state that you are concerned about the cat. They will do an investigation and determine themselves if the animal is properly cared for.

• A cat turns into a stray when it is off the owners property.

Strays should be taken to a shelter and you're legally in your right to do it.

You should call them if you are concerned. The cat needs to be taken care of better.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm sure the SPCA would. I don't see how you could go wrong with calling them.