Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

Rabies Fear?

So starting off I have bad health anxiety/hypochondria which is why I’m so scared about this. So last week I was at a dog park with my dog and another dog scratched me a little . It didn’t bleed and I’m also pretty sure he was vaccinated because he had a tag that looked like one of those rabies tags because my dog has a similar one, but I’m still scared . Do you think I could’ve gotten rabies ?

If this happens, it's up to you to make sure the dog is utd with it's rabies boosters. Rabies is self-limiting and eventually the affected animal will die. If rabies protection can't be confirmed and you need medical treatment, then whoever treats you should report this and the dog would be seized and held under observation. If rabies is suspected even, it would be put down so the brain could be examined to confirm. You'd need anti-rabies vaccination.

If none of this applies, and the dog is perfectly healthy - stop being paranoid.

I guess you will know if you start frothing at the mouth and try to bite people.

If you are REALLY worried about rabies, you would ask your doctor, not cray cray people on a goofy web site.

Yes, I think you could have rabies. I'd ask a Physician about this and also discuss it with a mental health therapist.

So the dog scratched you and you didn't speak to the owner?