What will you do if you were in my place? Pls help?

I have son who is teenager who have autism and last year diagnosed with epilepsy. I was introduced thru a friend her cousin called Michelle who has son with epilepsy. I would call Michelle and ask her opinions and we would chat on the phone sometimes. Michelle's son was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 4 and he is 14 now. I usually take my son outing for activities and Michelle Always comments U r such good mother u r always taking ur son. So there was live show cartoon characters my son loves and she told me she wants to come. I bought tickets for all of us and she told me she will pay me. She never turned up n didn't answer my call. She called after two days saying she had severe back pain and couldn't come and she will pay me. To make matters worse we planned to go out for activities with our kids more than 6 times and each time she cancelled on me the last minute. Every weekend she is at party but the next day makes appointments but had no decency to waste my time. When she calls me she is always talking about other women, looking down at other women who doesn't take their kids out ( yet she herself doesn't do it), she says thanks God my son has no autism only epilepsy ( but the reality is that her son is completely non verbal and has severe meltdowns like autistic children and her relative told me the son is diagnosed with autism but she is in denial) she is always pretentious that she buys expensive stuff when the reality is she buys the cheapest in the market

• Z

I really don't see Michelle's fault in any of this, all I can see is your fault. First of all, how can a woman cancel on you SIX times and you still go ahead and buy tickets on her request? Secondly, what are you doing befriending a woman who is a bad example of what a mother of an autistic child should be? Thirdly, what are you still doing with her after knowing all about her bad behaviors and character? Is it so that you can have a reason to go online and talk bad about another person and condemn their character so that you can feel good about yourself and what a better mother you are? Other than for this reason, I really cannot see any reason for your actions or the question you posted.

You either like the gal and her company or you don't. It's just like that. If you feel your time & friendship is disregarded, then that's how you feel! Perhaps, and I believe you do need a support system, you would do well to meet other parents of children with similar challenges. Good luck.

• car253

Worry about your own son. When you are have problems with someone else don't talk or meet with them.

Continued question- I have come to the conclusion that we have nothing in common and she doesn't have the basic respect it is best I let her go for good. I have known her for 6 months and if someone is not honest what is the point of having that relationship. What would u do if you were in my place? Thanks

I would concentrate on my son instead of someone I met "thru a friend her cousin called Michelle."

You sound like you're 12 years old.