Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

Sexually assaulted?

I’m 17 and two days ago I went to a party and blacked out on a couch. I woke up to two guys coming in and forcibly having sex with me. Taking turns assaulting me. I was too messed up to fight them off or say anything like stop or no, i just laid there paralyzed starring at the ceiling. It’s only been two days and it is absolutely destroying me. I need to tell my mom because I can’t handle this, I need help and support but I feel like this constant stressor towards her. I don’t want to add this to the list of things she needs to worry about. I want to just get over it and move on but I’m having flashbacks and panic attacks and I’m waking up screaming at night. This isn’t something I can just forget but I don’t know how to tell my mom. I don’t want her to try to press charges or take me to a hospital, I want her to just help me by being there for me. What should I do? Will she respect me not wanting to press charges? Is it absolutely insane that I don’t want to press charges? I just want this to get out of my head, it’s destroying me

Favorite Answer

I am sorry that the world is full of people who do these kinds of things. I’m sorry that you are suffering. I recommend that you tell a trusted adult or friend. Someone who you trust and know that they will not go and tell anyone else unless you grant them permission. I understand the fears that you have however, if you can, work yourself up to telling your mom. As a mother, all she wants is for you to be safe. It is your choice if you want to press charges or not, but she may urge you to do so. The boys that did this, if not met with some sort of retribution for their actions will continue to do so. Who knows how many others they have raped and how many more they will rape. I strongly encourage pressing charges, however only if you feel comfortable about it. Please talk with someone tho. A trusted friend, or an advisor. A family member, a doctor. If you have any pets, this may seem silly, but you could tell them as well. I wish you luck, and hope that you can have peace of mind soon.

• Jerry

If you know their names, you should press charges. That was rape, not sexual assault. You were taken advantage of, and now have flashbacks. Tell mom, tell the police, and let them handle the charges. Get counseling; NONE of what happened is your fault. Good luck.

• kelvin

no you were raped and you need to contact the cops so they don't do ity to someone else

umm call the police lmao

• kelvin

you think rape is funny

You're not an adult, your mom will decide whether charges are filed or not. You should've gone to the hospital right away & called the cops. Those boys may do it again.

you are not 17 Mr Pence .