Are you like gay or something?

That is a question i was asked frequently in high school when a girl would like me and i didn’t like them back. Is it to make themselves feel better or to make men feel offended? Are they looking for justification as to why a certain guy just doesn’t like them or just say it in the hopes to convince the guy to date them? Does anyone know? Why do girls feel the need to call oit a guy by saying he’s gay when clearly he’s just not into you like that?

they probably say that to you bc you look a bit gay and are always trying to emulate the behaviors of the upper class/nobility and are pretentious and a snob. a snob is someone who tries to emulate the cxharectersitics of the nobility on a superficial level while looking down on people of his own class.

I agree Many females are Just that Devious as to accuse you so they can embarrass you or belittle you in some manner, I remember lots of Girls That wouldnt give me the time of day so I jumped off 20 rooves and 20 bridges ( haha Not) If I was you I would have grabbed the First Cute boy who walked by Just to say F you to the chick, besides the dude might go 4 it ...lol

Just tell them that they don't fit up to your standards. That's a cold slap to their ego. And if others ask you why you said that, tell them the same thing.

Tell them to mind their own business.

That is how they handle rejection. "Sure, thats it." is a quick and easy response. No point in further discussion with her.

Most likely the former, I think. An ego thing. Sour grapes. The same as men who are turned down by the ladies declaring they must be lesbians. I've also seen people grunge their looks (sloppy clothes, unkempt hair, no makeup) in order to blame that which they can control, their outward appearance, for being rejected instead of themselves and their sucky personality, which they can't control.

I must confess that I stood up the absolute nicest, most generous person in the school, the kindest I have ever known, out sheer immature selfishness, and that act will haunt me to my dying day. Sometimes retaliation is deserved, if not for the reason given.

It is supposed to be a slap in your face for not treating her the way she intended for you to treat her, AND a motivator for you to get involved in denying the charge and to be dragged into treating her how she intended, AND ALSO it is a salve for her wounded pride (because ANY straight guy would be unable to resist her charms, wouldn't he?).

Be advised that it is also a foreshadowing of what she will end up telling all her girlfriends - particularly if they knew in advance that she liked you and intended to see if you liked her back. They will all soon have the impression that you must be homosexual, as she tries to maintain her position in the girlish pecking-order. She can only do that by claiming that the two of you are not together now because there's something "wrong" with YOU, (which she must do so her friends will not start talking about how there might be something wrong with HER).

You understood it correctly; they're trying to create a justification for themselves as to why you turned them down. They would much prefer to believe that you're gay, then to believe that you found them unattractive.